Massage therapy is a growing healthcare industry. In Ontario, your RMT is governed by the Registered Healthcare Providers Act and has attended an intensive, evidence-based (lots of science) massage therapy program at a registered educational institution before completing grueling practical and written exams administered by the CMTO.
I chose Mohawk College for my program – and it is at least as hard as my Master’s degree. Through my student clinic and outreaches I’m gaining hands-on time before I work with the public, and can already see that it is the perfect career for my lifestyle, interests, beliefs and skill set.
This summer I’ve been taking some of my energy in a new direction. For those of you not already aware, I am currently training for the 2011 Oxfam Trailwalker challenge.
The Trailwalker is an “extreme fundraising event” – as a team of 4, you walk 100km in 48 hours (together, not a relay). The funds raised help Oxfam’s community development projects such as:
- Providing clean water and sanitation facilities in Haiti
- Helping women in Sri Lanka start their own small businesses
- Combatting HIV/AIDS in Zimbabwe
In yoga, we’re all one, and we need to work together. I strongly encourage you to find ways to help others (karma yoga). You’re welcome to sponsor my fundraising efforts, and please let me know about your own projects.
You might have noticed that the schedule ends abruptly… and it ends tomorrow! Don’t worry, there will be yoga this summer and it will appear on the schedule. I am sorting out my other job and will soon have some times posted.
I already know:
- There won’t be classes next week
- I’ll be doing a week of early morning classes soon (maybe the week after next) – let me know if you’re interested
- Summer classes will be a combination of drop-in classes and short intensive series (ie the week of mornings)
Keep well and I’ll see you soon!
Class is canceled tonight to celebrate the Guelph Pride Kick-Off. Why not join me at Out on the Shelf instead? http://guelphpride.outontheshelf.ca/
I’ve moved! Join me for an open house, Monday April 4, 2011
- Meet and Greet: 12-1215 and 615-630PM
- Free yoga class: 1215-1245 and 630-7PM
Spring Yoga runs April 11 – June 6 (Class cancelled on Victoria Day)
Spring Class Schedule – full details on the schedule page
Register by April 4th and Save $10
- 8 week session costs $85 (Early bird $75)
- Drop in classes:
- 90 minutes: $10.50 – 10th class is free
- 45 minutes (lunch hour):$9 – 10th class is free
Sign up for your Spring Yoga Session (just call or email me) by April 4th, and you pay just $75 for 8, 90 minute yoga classes! If you work shifts and might not be able to commit to one specific class, but are still interested in 8 weeks of yoga, let me know and we will discuss your options.
If you miss yoga when sessions aren’t available, did you know that there are teachers posting classes on youtube and itunes? Find a class suited to your level, and if you aren’t sure about something, better safe than sorry. Enjoy your yoga!